Friday, April 6, 2012

Liberal Media Meltdown?

"MJ Rosenberg, the controversial critic of Israeli policies who drew fire for using the term 'Israel firsters,' is leaving the liberal media watchdog, Media Matters. In what he billed as his last column for the group on Friday, Rosenberg said he would now blog on his own website MJayRosenberg.com. 'The reason for this step is that it disturbed me greatly to see an organization to which I am devoted facing possible harm because of my critical writings about Israel,' he wrote. 'I have no doubt that the crowd that opposes any and all criticism of Israeli government policies will continue to turn its guns on Media Matters if I am associated with it,' he continued. 'I could not live with myself if that happened — not only because I care deeply about the organization and my colleagues, but also because Media Matters does such important work confronting the lies that emanate from the far right and especially Fox News.'

Now I am at a loss to understand why he is so fearful that lies might be told about Media Matters. Does he really think Fox will suddenly cease to tell lies merely because he is no longer there? My, isn't that rich!  Obviously, he is convinced it is all about him.

In the same day there were more stories about Keith Oberman'a legal woes  and CNN misconstruing the Trayvon Martin 911 call.  Are we having a liberal  meltdown? 

The problem with the liberal media is that they value their agenda more than they value the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment